Friday 21 August 2020

,

The Retrogaming Sales Chart Database is ready to rumble!

When I wasn't looking, my Amiga Game Sales Chart Database contracted The Virus and evolved. Meet the Retrogaming Sales Chart Database! Or RGSCDB for those of you who appreciate snazzy, unmemorable acronyms! As I imagine you've already gathered, it now features sales ranking data from multiple old-school computer and console systems rather than just the Amiga. These include, in alphabetical order, the...

Acorn Electron, Amiga, Amstrad, Apple Mac, arcade, Atari, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Atari ST, BBC Micro, Commodore 64, Commodore C16, Dragon 32, NES, Nintendo Game Boy, Oric, Panasonic 3DO, PC, PC Engine, Philips CD-i, SEGA Game Gear, SEGA Master System, SEGA Mega Drive, SEGA Mega-CD, SEGA Saturn, Sharp, SNES, Sony PlayStation, Vic 20 and ZX Spectrum.

All data combined (sourced mostly from Gallup, Woolworths and HMV sales statistics) covers the period from May 1984 to July 1996, though I'll likely expand its scope at some point in the future as (if?) my sanity returns to pay me a visit. As it stands, the database contains a total of 10,655 entries, over half of which link to original magazine scans.

It would be much appreciated if you could experiment with the new, expanded collection and report any errors so they can be fixed ASAP. Also, feel free to point me in the direction of any other data you would like to see included, or better still, provide it yourself in spreadsheet format so I can import it into Zoho in a few clicks. Enjoy!

0 comments: