Saturday 3 October 2020

,

Remember the time when Saddam Hussein wrote in to Amiga Action magazine seeking flight sim advice?

Madman

I am having some trouble with the 68000-based F-18A laser targeting and bomb guidance system currently being used in the Persian Gulf. As I know you are all incredibly computer-knowledgeable on Amiga Action, I have decided to write to you for help. Peace.

S. Hussein, Baghdad

What you need to do is gain control of your airspace again and use a phased-array wide spectrum laser jammer as a backup defence. You'll be able to find one at the March 19th Arms Fair in Syria, stall 13, for approximately £150,000,000. Alternatively, use a mirror.

Saddam writes…

Thanks for the advice on the Wide Spectrum Laser Jammer you recommended I buy in the last issue. The ruddy thing didn't work, did it, and the insurance won't cover it. I won't be reading your magazine again.

S. Hussein, Peking.

Sorry about that. I've been in touch with our contact in Damascus and he's promised a full refund. Trouble is, he's having difficulty in contacting you. Ah well…

Well, I thought it was worth revisiting. I wonder what happened to Mr Hussein. He was all over the press at one time, then all of a sudden, nothing. Very odd.

0 comments: