Friday 2 October 2020

, , , ,

Walking alone? Never!

I can't decide if G Bucknell should be awarded the Amiga Action letter-writing Muppet of the year award, or if he/she had ingeniously managed to hudwink the recipient into believing they're completely backwards just for a lark. Either way, I had to share this tasty morsel of nostalgic nonsense from the long lost world of dead tree publishing.

Liver-fool

I am writing to complain about last month's Liverpool coverdisk which I found desperately disappointing. The computer opposition were terrible and I beat them on every occasion I played the game. After playing this demo for a couple of hours, I cannot see myself purchasing the finished product.

G Buckell, Harley

You complete and utter fool. If you'd taken the time to read our informative coverdisk pages, you might have discovered that the Liverpool demo is for two players only. You've been playing absolutely nobody so no wonder you kept winning.

Amiga Action (August 1992)

Although Amiga Action rated Liverpool the most favourably of the UK-based magazines (45 - 81%), it's far from the most accomplished football simulator for the Amiga, so the writer would have been wise to invest in something else. Such as the legendary Sensible Soccer or one of the Kick Off series.

According to Grandslam's Paul Chamberlain, Liverpool "is the first game of the type where you can properly do an overhead bicycle-kick volley" (Amiga Power, June 92, page 62). So, that's a jolly cool claim to fame if accurate. If not, blame him, not me.

0 comments: