Friday 2 October 2020

, , ,

The all-time greatest Amiga Power reader's letters ever!

My friends agree with me

Dear AP

I have been reading your magazines since they first came out. But I would like to share a few ideas. I have noticed in some other magazines they have had a page with drawings of say Soinc (sic) punching Mairo (sic) in the face. I find this quite funny and good fun to read and my friends agree with me so could you please think about it.

Yours sincerely, Tim Wood, Uckfield

Consider it thought about

I remember such fan art pictures doing the rounds in the early '90s, though reading Amiga magazines you'd be more likely to see Zool abusing Sonic or Gomez taking a swipe at Mario. That said, I'd much rather witness Mario and Sonic synchronise magic bullet volleys, assassinating one another simultaneously so we never have to endure either of the overhyped pixel-pestering stooges ever again. If there's a compassionate god up there, surely it would have happened by now? Even today the interwebs are full of illustrated sparring matches between the irksome mascots, so apparently, the sentiment has never faded.

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Elsewhere in the 'And another thing' column...

I own one of every issue of AP and two copies of issue eight. As a reward for my loyalty, can you print the letter 'D' on the spine of the next issue so I can spell 'MIAOW I AM A GRAPE GOD' on my bookshelf?

Yours sincerely, Ben Twitchen, Southend-On-Sea

We'll think about it.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request to me. It not being granted must have been an oversight.

0 comments: